Saturday, April 12, 2008

GFCFSF Granola Bars


This recipe is from the Cream Hill Estates GF oatmeal box. (I found GF oats on www.allergygrocer.com.) This recipe is gluten-free, casein-free, and soy-free.

Ingredients
2 cups shredded dry coconut, unsweetened
1 1/2 cup GF oats
1 1/2 cup GF raisins
2 cups sunflower seeds
1/3 cup sesame seeds
3/4 cup peanuts
1/2 cup dried fruit (apples, cranberries, apricots, etc.)
1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup honey
1 tsp GF vanilla extract
1/2 cup peanut butter

Directions
Blend honey, vanilla, and peanut butter in a bowl. Mix with all other ingredients. Line a jelly-roll pan (a cookie sheet with a "lip" on the sides) with greased parchment paper. Pat mixture firmly into pan with greased hands. Back at 275-degrees for about 50-60 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from the oven and pat down firmly again. Let cool a bit. Cut into squares/rectangles. Put into snack-sized baggies and you've got a bunch of snacks ready to go!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Tori

Thanks for posting our granola bar recipe. I have a delicious oatmeal cookie recipe that is casein / lactose, egg and gluten-free. I have to get it translated before posting it on our website. If you would like the recipe send me an email at info@creamhillestates.com and I'll send it to you. You don't need to publish this - jsut wasn't certain how to get in touch with you.

Beth Armour
Co-President
Cream Hill Estates

Looking for More . . .?

I only have a few posts on the page. To find more, click "Older Posts" above this message. You can also find other posts by using the labels/categories list on the right-hand side of the page, or by using the archives menu. I've got more than 130 posts on this blog, so sit back and make yourself at home!
Gluten-Free Foods

COPYRIGHT. All words and images on "Tori's GFCF Blog" (unless otherwise credited) are (c) 2007-2009 Tori's GFCF Blog (http://gfcfblog.blogspot.com).
DISCLAIMER. I am not a doctor. I am not a nutritionist. I'm just a mom who has been implementing the GFCF diet since October 2007 (and soy-free about 5 weeks thereafter). Please do not rely upon my blog as your sole source of information or advice. I only offer my personal experiences for your consideration and can not be held responsible for any adverse reaction or experience you or your child may have should you choose to try something I have tried. Remember that every child is unique, and what works for mine may not work for yours.