Saturday, May 3, 2008

GFCFSF Chocolate Birthday Cupcakes


This is what the Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Chocolate Cake Mix looks like when you make it in cupcakes. (Before frosting them with Miss Roben's frosting.)

Here's what they look like with the frosting and some all-natural, gluten-free sprinkles (also from Allergy Grocer):


These were for my daughter's birthday - we brought 24 of them to school. I must say that I was feeling generous to the children in my daughter's kindergarten and filled the muffin cups a little bit more than is recommended -- that's why these are so incredibly gi-normous and bursting at the seams! ha ha!

And, by the way, my daughter isn't GFCFSF, but her little brother is. They go to the same school and I wanted him to be able to come into her classroom and participate fully. So EVERYBODY got the GFCFSF stuff. (And NONE of the other kindergardeners could tell the difference between these and the "real" stuff!)

To see how this cake mix looks as a regular round cake, click HERE.

No comments:

Looking for More . . .?

I only have a few posts on the page. To find more, click "Older Posts" above this message. You can also find other posts by using the labels/categories list on the right-hand side of the page, or by using the archives menu. I've got more than 130 posts on this blog, so sit back and make yourself at home!
Gluten-Free Foods

COPYRIGHT. All words and images on "Tori's GFCF Blog" (unless otherwise credited) are (c) 2007-2009 Tori's GFCF Blog (http://gfcfblog.blogspot.com).
DISCLAIMER. I am not a doctor. I am not a nutritionist. I'm just a mom who has been implementing the GFCF diet since October 2007 (and soy-free about 5 weeks thereafter). Please do not rely upon my blog as your sole source of information or advice. I only offer my personal experiences for your consideration and can not be held responsible for any adverse reaction or experience you or your child may have should you choose to try something I have tried. Remember that every child is unique, and what works for mine may not work for yours.