Thursday, July 24, 2008

GFCFSF Lime Chicken and Rice


I neglected to take a picture of this because it didn't look all that interesting to me, but my daughter ate it up and said she loved it! (Hubbie and I liked it too; son doesn't get into chicken but ate the rice!) I can't quite remember what all I did to make this -- it was one of those "use whatever I can find in the fridge" kind of spontaneous recipes, but I will post it here in case it helps anybody!!!

In a skillet, I drizzled some olive oil. Then I sauteed a bit of minced garlic. Into the skillet, I cut pieces of skinless, boneless chicken. Then I added the following to the chicken as a sauce and did a little stir-fry-type action:

- agave nectar
- juice from a lime
- toasted sesame oil
- honey mustard
- salt

I served the chicken on top of rice made like this:

Put 1 cup GF chicken broth (I use Pacific brand), 1 cup coconut milk, juice from 1/2 lime, some minced garlic, salt, and 2 cups of water into a shallow pot (4 cups liquid). Bring to a boil. Add 2 cups of rice (rinsed first) and bring to a boil again. Switch to low, cover tight, and cook for 20 minutes.

Note
Cutting chicken on a cutting board with a knife freaks me out. I feel like I'm getting raw chicken under my fingernails and...I don't know. It's just gross! So my new technique is to just use kitchen scissors and cut chunks off the chicken into the pot.

1 comment:

Anna Letaw said...

Oh! Man, Tori! This sounds REALLY yummy! I just might have to add it to one of my chicken nights!

And...well...simple is REALLY good!!

Anna (in MD)

Looking for More . . .?

I only have a few posts on the page. To find more, click "Older Posts" above this message. You can also find other posts by using the labels/categories list on the right-hand side of the page, or by using the archives menu. I've got more than 130 posts on this blog, so sit back and make yourself at home!
Gluten-Free Foods

COPYRIGHT. All words and images on "Tori's GFCF Blog" (unless otherwise credited) are (c) 2007-2009 Tori's GFCF Blog (http://gfcfblog.blogspot.com).
DISCLAIMER. I am not a doctor. I am not a nutritionist. I'm just a mom who has been implementing the GFCF diet since October 2007 (and soy-free about 5 weeks thereafter). Please do not rely upon my blog as your sole source of information or advice. I only offer my personal experiences for your consideration and can not be held responsible for any adverse reaction or experience you or your child may have should you choose to try something I have tried. Remember that every child is unique, and what works for mine may not work for yours.