Saturday, July 19, 2008

Our Menu This Week (July 19 - 25)

The kids are healthy again, although this last sickness has thrown my son for a loop. He is no longer interested in eating things he used to like, so I feel like we're back to square one. I'll be seeking information on why a big viral illness like coxsackie (which my kids had) can make him not want to eat anymore. Ugh!

We are still rotating proteins each day, and I like it. Helps me stay organized I think.


Saturday: Lime Chicken in chicken coconut rice

Sunday: Cod cooked in the oven with potatoes

Monday: Hot dogs for kids; Turkish meatballs (kofte) for mom & dad

Tuesday: Turkish lentil dish made with ground turkey and no tomato paste

Wednesday: Bean chili with tomatoes (no meat)

Thursday: Breakfast for dinner: Teff pancakes

Friday: Pasta (???)

Well, my son bounced back and, the day after I first posted this, he tried 3 new foods! Yee-haw! So he's back on the eating track now, thank God! We pretty much stuck to our menu this week too, which was new and exciting, ha ha! Here's how the week went down:

Saturday: Lime Chicken in chicken coconut rice

Sunday: Cod cooked in a frying pan w/olive oil; red potatoes done same way

Monday: Hot dogs for son; Turkish meatballs (kofte) for mom & dad & daughter

Tuesday: Turkish lentil dish made with ground turkey and no tomato paste

Wednesday: Bean chili with tomatoes (no meat) served with Garden of Eatin' corn chips

Thursday: Breakfast for dinner: Teff pancakes and Wellshire Farms turkey ham steak

Friday: Tinkyada pasta spirals with Wellshire Farms turkey ham steak, coconut oil, salt, and garlic powder

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tori - try a very small amount (a 1/4 of the recommended adult dose - but your guy is older than mine so maybe 1/2 of an adult dose) of liquid B12 complex to getting him feeling hungry again. It works every time for my guy - I use it after every ear infection - he stops eating so I give him 1-3 drops and by the next day he's right back on track.

Looking for More . . .?

I only have a few posts on the page. To find more, click "Older Posts" above this message. You can also find other posts by using the labels/categories list on the right-hand side of the page, or by using the archives menu. I've got more than 130 posts on this blog, so sit back and make yourself at home!
Gluten-Free Foods

COPYRIGHT. All words and images on "Tori's GFCF Blog" (unless otherwise credited) are (c) 2007-2009 Tori's GFCF Blog (http://gfcfblog.blogspot.com).
DISCLAIMER. I am not a doctor. I am not a nutritionist. I'm just a mom who has been implementing the GFCF diet since October 2007 (and soy-free about 5 weeks thereafter). Please do not rely upon my blog as your sole source of information or advice. I only offer my personal experiences for your consideration and can not be held responsible for any adverse reaction or experience you or your child may have should you choose to try something I have tried. Remember that every child is unique, and what works for mine may not work for yours.