Thursday, July 3, 2008

GFCFSF Animal Crackers/Cookies


Aren't these cute? They're so cute they look difficult, but I promise you they're not!

These are made from Miss Roben's animal cracker mix, available on Allergy Grocer. Just mix up some Spectrum shortening, some GF vanilla, and some water. Add the mix and stir/mix it up. The directions say "dough will form a soft ball" but that's not entirely accurate. It doesn't form a ball by itself, but if you mash it together into a ball, it will comply. Then you stick it in the fridge for a couple of hours. Then sprinkle some flour on your table/counter (I use tapioca flour), sprinkle some flour on your rolling pin, and roll out the dough. Use your cookie cutters and put the shapes onto a cookie sheet. They bake up in about 15 minutes.

These have a nice flavor, aren't too sweet, and have a good crunch like a regular animal cracker.

I've already posted about these (read my other posts HERE and HERE), but I wanted to show you how cute they are when you use actual animal shaped cookie cutters. I got these cutters on Amazon. I liked them but had two complaints. First, not all the shapes are obvious as to what they are, so I didn't use them all. Secondly, some of the shapes had thin parts that tended to break (like the giraffe neck).

1 comment:

Anna Letaw said...

Tori! These are SO cute!

Anna (in MD!)

Looking for More . . .?

I only have a few posts on the page. To find more, click "Older Posts" above this message. You can also find other posts by using the labels/categories list on the right-hand side of the page, or by using the archives menu. I've got more than 130 posts on this blog, so sit back and make yourself at home!
Gluten-Free Foods

COPYRIGHT. All words and images on "Tori's GFCF Blog" (unless otherwise credited) are (c) 2007-2009 Tori's GFCF Blog (http://gfcfblog.blogspot.com).
DISCLAIMER. I am not a doctor. I am not a nutritionist. I'm just a mom who has been implementing the GFCF diet since October 2007 (and soy-free about 5 weeks thereafter). Please do not rely upon my blog as your sole source of information or advice. I only offer my personal experiences for your consideration and can not be held responsible for any adverse reaction or experience you or your child may have should you choose to try something I have tried. Remember that every child is unique, and what works for mine may not work for yours.